Andrew N. Epstein is a partner in the litigation group at Watson Goepel LLP.
Andrew conducts a diverse litigation practice with particular emphasis on Insurance, Construction and Transportation law issues on behalf of insurers, companies and individuals. He provides clients with advice and representation based on insights developed during more than 20 years practicing law.
Andrew has appeared before all levels of British Columbia and Federal courts and regularly provides legal representation to domestic and international insurers as well as self-insured corporations on a variety of issues including:
- bodily injury;
- personal injury;
- professional liability;
- occupiers liability;
- product liability;
- multi-party construction disputes;
- coverage, and
- subrogation claims.
- Smith v. Both,  B.C.J. No. 2406
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. v. Canadian National Railway Co.,  B.C.J. No. 1987
- Cami Automotive, Inc. v. Westwood Shipping Lines, Inc.,  F.C.J. No. 77
- Pacific West Systems Supply Ltd. v. Vossenaar,  B.C.J. No. 2245
- Stock v. Okanagan College,  B.C.H.R.T.D. No. 163
- Cami Automotive, Inc. v. Westwood Shipping Lines, Inc.,  F.C.J. No. 27;  F.C.J. No. 77
- Jackson v. Canadian Northern Shield Insurance Co.,  B.C.J. No. 2113
- Progressive Homes Ltd. v. Lombard General Insurance Co. of Canada,  B.C.J. No. 651
- Imperial Sign Corp. v. Mainami Canada Ltd.,  B.C.J. No. 561
- Chandra v. Canadian Northern Shield Insurance Co.,  B.C.J. No. 1017
- Rothwell v. Liquidation World Inc.,  B.C.J. No. 1115
- Tromp v. British Columbia (Information and Privacy Commissioner),  B.C.J. No. 761
- Jogia v. Aetna Life Insurance Co.,  B.C.J. No. 531
- Chace v. Crane Canada Inc.,  B.C.J. No. 2862
- Dahl v. Liberty Investments Ltd.,  B.C.J. No. 461
- Lam (Re),  F.C.J. No. 1306
- Knight’s Mineral Exploration & Co. v. Corcoran & Co.,  B.C.J. No. 278
- Coastal Oceanic Contractors Inc. v. Matthews Contracting Inc.,  B.C.J. No. 1548
Background and Professional Activities
Andrew graduated from UBC Law School in 1993 and was called to the Bar in 1994. He has written extensively on legal topics within his practice areas. He is a frequent and popular speaker on a number of legal issues at professional and industry-specific seminars.
When not practicing law, Andrew is an enthusiastic traveller, competitive poker player and golfer in descending order of aptitude.
Lectures / Publications / Seminars
Membership & Professional Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- 1994, Called to the British Columbia Bar
- 1993, LL.B., University of British Columbia
- 1988, B.A., University of Toronto