Warren joined the firm in March 2015 after gaining extensive corporate law experience at two national law firms, as in-house counsel for a leading public company in the technology sector and as counsel at a major regional firm.
Warren’s practice focuses on corporate/commercial and real estate law, and energy and natural resources matters in British Columbia.
Warren’s clients include domestic and international businesses, entrepreneurs, project developers and First Nations.
- Advising on energy and natural resource matters including project development and purchases and sales, private transmission interconnection agreements, forest licenses, carbon offset project development and the purchase and sale of carbon offsets.
- Advising on renewable energy projects (e.g., wind, hydro, geothermal and biogas) and related commercial matters.
- Advising on public and private land use contracts, joint ventures and energy industry regulation and compliance.
- Advising First Nations on business matters such as land use, project development and structuring commercial opportunities in their traditional territories.
- Acting for buyers and sellers of small, medium and large sized businesses, on both asset and share purchase transactions including cross-border and international corporate transactions.
- Advising on general corporate and commercial matters, including the purchase and sale, leasing and operation of commercial aircraft, the purchase and sale and leasing of business equipment, sales agreements and general business operations.
- Advising on financing, loan and security interests in a variety of industries.
- Advising on acquisitions and dispositions of commercial real estate, including office buildings, shopping centres, retail developments, apartment buildings, hotels, golf courses and marinas.
- Acting for developers of commercial, residential and mixed-use projects.
- Acting for both landlords and tenants on office, retail, shopping centre and industrial leases.
- Advising on general real estate matters, including title, zoning, subdivision and strata property issues.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.), Whittier College School of Law (Los Angeles, CA), 1996
- B.A., University of Western Ontario, 1992
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Law Society of BC (1998)
- California State Bar (1996)
- Appointed to the BC Government Green Energy Advisory Task Force (2009) – Click to read the Report
- Member, Canadian Wind Energy Association (2008-2014)