We service a broad range of clients, including owners, developers, general contractors and subcontractors, architects, engineers, and material suppliers. As such we have the experience and knowledge to help all parties to any construction project plan and protect themselves and when necessary, litigate or defend themselves.
Construction Planning and Advice
Understanding how important it is to make sure that a project gets completed as smoothly as possible, we can help advise you throughout the project.
- From contract preparation, including design build, infrastructure contracts and specialty contracts.
- We help our clients select the appropriate contract model for their project and determine whether pricing for execution should be obtained through competitive bidding, requests for proposal or some other means. Once the means of pricing is selected, we assist our clients by drafting the appropriate documents and by giving advice as the pricing process is put in motion.
- During the project, we advise on contract interpretation and assist our clients with sound strategy and proactive intervention.
- We prepare the contract documentation that our clients need, using standard forms as a platform where possible. We advise on claim avoidance through the design of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
- We can recommend to an owner or consultant the type and level of bonds to be called for in a contract. Our lawyers also have experience in taking the appropriate measures where a contractor defaults on a bond to efficiently reduce exposure on the bond. We also advise on claims that should be made against bonds.
Litigation (builders liens and insurance)
- For contractors, subcontractors and material men: we prepare and file builders liens, and can do so on expedited basis
- For owners and general contractors: we can have liens removed quickly to make sure that financing flows properly.
- We can represent you or your company in arbitration and litigation.
- We can provide advice regarding adequate insurance coverage and the pursuit of insurance claims, resolution and security realization under builders’ liens and surety bonds.