Employment law is becoming more and more important in the modern workplace as both public and private companies focus on creating attractive compensation packages for their employees. At Watson Goepel LLP we can assist you with personalized compensation programs, stock options plans, drafting of employment and HR policies, creating employment contracts and assisting in the termination of an employee. We also provide legal assistance on developing bonus and commission plans based on company benchmarks and objectives. Our firm recognizes the high costs associated with employment issues and believes strongly in implementing preventative measures from the very beginning.
Your Employment Rights – Wrongful Dismissal
Video Produced with Pride by 24 Seven TV
The Employment lawyers provide a wide range of services for our clients, including:
- Development of Employee Manual preparation and policies for new and existing businesses
- Assisting our clients in Employment Insurance matters and including appeals before the Board of Referees and the Umpire
- Advising our clients on personnel reorganization and developing programs to implement such programs, preparing employment contracts, employment termination procedures and protocol and all aspects of wrongful dismissal litigation
- We provide advice and contractual provisions on non-competition clauses, confidential information clauses and fiduciary duties and requirements of employees.
- Appear as counsel before the Human Rights Tribunal of British Columbia and the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal and other statutory tribunals
- Appear as counsel before all levels of Court at the federal and provincial levels of jurisdiction
- Provide advice and representation to our clients in human rights matters including discrimination with respect to gender, age, sex and ancestral background
- Collections and insolvency matters generally
- Provide advice on harassment in general and sexual harassment in the workplace
- Provide advice on all matters pertaining to the Employment Standards Act of British Columbia and the Canada Labour Code
- Provide advice and representation on all matters pertaining to the Workers’ Compensation Act of British Columbia