Our lawyers have extensive experience in providing assistance, advice and representation to our clients in all aspects of labour relations law at both the provincial and federal levels.
Members of our firm regularly provide advice and explain our clients’s rights and obligations pursuant to the Labour Relations Code of British Columbia and the Canada Labour Code.
We are dedicated to getting to know our clients’ business operations from top to bottom. This indepth knowledge allows us to provide the necessary advice in a quick and timely manner.
Our lawyers are committed to ensuring that clients receive proactive as oppose to reactive advice and representation in labour relations issues. Because we take the time to understand our clients’ businesses we are consistently able to provide proactive advice that incorporates and supports the clients’ development and long-term business needs and goals.
Our lawyers understand that disputes or labour relations issues (if not handled properly) can jeopardize valuable long term relationships between employers and employees. We know there is often more than one way to resolve a labour relations dispute and we work with our clients to develop solutions that work for their unique situations.
Our lawyers provide the following services:
- Interpretation and application of applicable labour legislation
- Provide advice and strategy with respect to collective agreement negotiations; and if required act as spokesperson at the bargaining table, as well as provide assistance in analyzing the union’s proposals, and in the preparation of the employer’s proposals
- Act as counsel before decision making labour relations tribunals, and in other related applications before the Courts
- Provide preventative labour relations advice to employers on issues in regard to certification applications, successorship, common employer matters, and unlawful picketing activity
- Provide assistance in drafting collective agreements including first contracts and renewals
- Provide ongoing advice and legal representation in collective agreement administration including interpretation of the client’s rights and obligations under the collective agreement
- Provide advice on the employer’s rights to impose discipline on employees in particular circumstances, and provide advice and representation on all and any grievances filed by the union, and if need be, representing the employer at arbitration hearings
- Providing advice to union members regarding the Union’s requirement to act in a reasonable manner to all of its members, and providing representation of union members at the Labour Relations Board
We also act for lenders and borrowers with respect to insolvency related issues including foreclosures and bankruptcies.